Thursday, September 07, 2006

Tyler Thomas Patrick





Precious Tyler,

Now that you've arrived, the world is a better place! Through the miracle of email and digital cameras, I'm able to see your adorable little face long before I will have the chance to hold you in my arms. I thought seeing pictures would help me to keep from missing you too much, but instead it just makes me even more anxious to be able to snuggle you soon!

Your "big boy" cousins have been praying for you for months - secretly, they were praying you'd be a boy, another member of their dynasty! Your brother Evan must be so very happy to have a new best friend - he may seem a little confused right now about you and may not quite understand where you suddenly came from, but trust me: you're going to be lifelong buddies!

Tyler, you are the special miracle baby who enabled your Mommy and Daddy's hearts to grow even bigger, even more capable of love than they ever thought they could be. You are such a lucky boy, to be born to parents who will cherish and treasure you every day!

It's so fantastic that your Nana is there to welcome you into the world - get to know her: she's a pretty awesome person! Before you know it, there will be aunties, uncles, cousins and friends wanting to hold and care for you - you'll have to be patient with us...it feels like we've waited years for the chance to know you!

OK little Ty, it's time for you to take a nap and to let your Mommy get some rest too! She's going to be busy with two little red headed guys filling her kitchen and her heart! Until I can hold you, kiss you, and see your precious face in person, my prayers for you and for your family continue.

I love you sweetie!
Auntie Lisa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful tribute to a beautiful new baby. I'm certain the angels have already told Tyler many good things about his Auntie Lisa. Love and Misses, Dad

Anonymous said...

Thank you Auntie Lisa!! I'm home now and just took a break from watching the Notre Dame game to read your blog. I'm doing great--lots of eating and sleeping. Evan is being very nice to me. He was excited to welcome me home last night. He's a super great big brother. I can't wait to see you and Uncle Greg and my big boy cousins. Please tell them all that I love them. OK, gotta go nurse.
Love,
Tyler