Thursday, September 14, 2006

Baby Jesus' Mom!

My eldest just left for school sporting a Superman costume - it's Freshman/Senior Welcome Week at his high school and his senior seems to have a great sense of humor. I was trying to get him to let me take a picture and he said, "No Mom, you'll put it on your blog!" Boy, does he know me too well or what?! So I had to promise not to post the photo here. Rats!

Yesterday was "Dress Your Freshman as Your Favorite Biblical Character" Day. I dropped Eric off at 7:15 so he could be dressed by his senior. Since Moms aren't allowed to dally in the school lot (rules enforced by sons), I had to take off before seeing his costume. His senior had told him the day before that he would be dressed as the Baby Jesus. I would have loved to have seen him, but I didn't.

By the time last night rolled around, due to a crazy schedule, I still hadn't seen Eric. I was running the Notre Dame booth at our County College Fair. A young women sporting a Memorial (Eric's high school) tshirt came up to chat with me and I told her my son was a freshman at her school. She asked, "Do you know what costume he was wearing today?"

"He was Baby Jesus, but sadly I didn't get to see him in costume."

"Your son is Baby Jesus?! He was famous at school today! Everyone was wanting his picture - he had the best costume!"

Yes, I've been known as "Eric's Mom" for a long time - but now, for at least a day, I can add "Baby Jesus' Mom" to my list of accomplishments.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa, If you get ahold of one of these photos of your son, I sure hope you post it, you've got my attention & I'd love to how it turned out. Did he come home happy about it, or was he mortified? I sure hope it was done in the good spirit of fun and joy for all. Tracy

Unknown said...

Tracy, I can probably sneak one to KK without his knowledge. He actually got a kick out of the whole thing - I think he liked the attention! Funny what an influence a cool senior guy can have on him! He's been having a fun week.