Monday, September 04, 2006

Anticipation!!!!!

At 9:00 tomorrow morning, or somewhere around that time, the world will welcome a new little person - my neice or nephew! My sister Erin is scheduled to have a C section tomorrow. She and her husband David and little Evan will welcome their new addition, whose gender is currently a mystery.

If she's a girl, she'll be the first female cousin in a family of boys. All of our siblings currently have male children. She will be the princess of the clan, undoubtedly spoiled by her Auntie Lisa with lots of pink clothes, adorable dresses and a Barbie or two (yes, I'll admit to loving Barbie!). She will take Irish step dancing classes, have long red hair like her Mommy, and will be force to be reckoned with I'm sure!

If he's a boy, he will be his brother's best friend and playmate. He will continue what my own son's refer to as our "Chinese Dynasty" - they are actually hoping for a boy. When I watch my own sons play together I know that Evan would be truly lucky to have a little brother.

In today's day and age, not knowing the gender and name of my newest little niece/nephew is very unique. It seems most people prefer to take the surprise element out of their pregnancies. I feel impatient for our newest family member's arrival - I will not sleep well tonight (Erin probably won't either) and will be on the edge of my seat until I hear that Mom and baby are both doing well. Thank goodness I'm not living in the olden days when news of nieces' births were delivered months later by pony express! I would die of suspense!

Please join me in praying for Erin, David, Evan and little baby - may the delivery be safe and healthy with no complications and may she/he live a life of happiness and joy, with a heart close to God and a world full of blessings.

No comments: