Thursday, August 10, 2006

Nerves!

Please say a little prayer for me...I have two events in the next two days which are causing me a bit of nervousness.

Tomorrow morning at 7 am California time, I'm being interviewed by Denise Gorski of Michigan Catholic Radio for her Living Stones show. Blessedly, the interview is being taped, not live, so that gives me a bit more confidence. This is my first "on air" interview for CatholicMom.com and it should be a wonderful opportunity to spread the word about our great columnists, the many authors and musicians we promote, and the kids' activities we are offering. I'm praying that the Holy Spirit will be on call to help me find the right words!

On Saturday, I'm zipping down to Orange County for the night to attend my 25th high school reunion from Mater Dei High School. I am going with two wonderful friends from high school, but this is my first time attending a reunion so I'm a bit nervous. I'm also astounded by how old I am! Yesterday, I was telling my fiddle teacher about the reunion and he said, "Wow, you've been out of high school longer than I've been alive!" Lucky for him he's such a good teacher, or I would have smacked him! Friends locally tell me that reunions are very fun, and that I have nothing to worry about. I'm hoping for nametags and a glass of wine to help ease the nerves!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, Lisa, you and I graduated the same year, only I was in Bakersfield then. For my part, I love being "old." Actually, I probably just love it to be different; I love being different. ; )

Unknown said...

Cami,
Thanks - you made me feel better! If you're the same age and you're so cool, I can't be all that bad!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I remember feeling so proud of you and your magnificent accomplishments when you graduated from Mater Dei. An now to look upon how you lead your life is a constant inspiration to me. Tell Mater Dei "Thank You" for it's part in helping you to become the wonderful person that you are. Love and Misses, Dad