Friday, August 11, 2006

How Do They Do It???

Moms are truly amazing! I just spent two weeks in the company of my sister, who is - in my estimation - a superhero. She's chasing an active two year old while eight months pregnant and a mega-star partner in her law firm.

Another one of my Mom superheroes is Danielle Bean, whose blog I visit on a daily basis. Danielle, too, is expecting a new addition. In a recent blog entry, Danielle shared that she is taking on the role of Senior Editor for the fabulous Faith and Family Magazine. In addition, she's working on a new book for Pauline. This is on top of being Mom to seven wonderful kids and a homeschooler! Yikes, does she ever sleep? I simply love Danielle's writing and am thrilled to hear about her continued success and good fortune. I'm also looking forward to promoting her next book at CatholicMom.com!

Here's to all of the Moms in our world, who keep things running in their own little corners of society. For the working moms, the at home moms, the single moms, and those yet to be moms - you inspire me to do more, and to do it better.

Of course, my biggest inspiration always comes from my own Mom...you're the best! Thanks for all you continue to do for me and my brothers and sisters - we love you, and I know we don't tell you frequently enough how much we appreciate you. Thank you for always being present for us, and for the many ways in which you support and nurture us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are right about your Mom, who lives her life to make my life and yours and your brothers' and sisters' lives better, both by her actions and example. She, you and your siblings are my idols. Love and Misses, Dad

Anonymous said...

Thanks for reminding me to Thank My Mom, which I do not do too often. She was not the "ideal Cathoic Mom" but she did her best. I am inspired to thank her for doing what she could with what she had, even if her formation in the Catholic Faith was not right on target. I have to remember not to hold this against her. Please God, giver of all graces, bestow on my Mom the graces to accept and event to understand why my husband and I practice exactly what the Catholic Church teaches; NFP specifically. I ask for prayers from the readers on this. I depend on them. If anyone else knows what I am talking about, please know you are not alone. God bless you all.