Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Help Your Child Make and Keep Friends

I'm lucky - my boys' best friends live at my house! Eric and Adam, separated by three years in age, get along famously. We do have buddies over for visits, but I never have a boy whining for a friend to come over because the two of them enjoy hanging out together so much.

It was really a joy to see them reconnected after our recent weeks of separation due to Adam's and my journey to the Midwest. I expect them to spend the remainder of summer with each other (as often as Eric's football schedule permits!).

I read an interesting article this morning from OSV's new "Take Out" newsletter on helping your child to create and maintain friendships. Click here to read the article online. In our age, where a "friend" is a statistic on social networking sites like Myspace, it's great to stress to our children the true value of friendship.

No comments: