Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Catholic Nursing Mothers

A special thanks to Pam, who wrote to tell me about a wonderful new apostolate, the Catholic Nursing Mothers League.

From their web site:
The Catholic Nursing Mothers League was founded in April 2006 to provide encouragement and support to breastfeeding mothers and to educate families, parishes and society about the Roman Catholic Church's support for maternal nursing.

Our Mission - To increase the initiation and duration of breastfeeding among Catholic mothers. To accomplish this mission, we will provide breastfeeding education and spiritual support to Catholic mothers, families and parishes.


This looks like a great, and much needed, support organization for Catholic families. Since I'm going to be an Auntie again next month to a baby who will be breastfed, I'm looking forward to exploring their resources and links.

Thanks for the heads up Pam!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

I'm so glad to see "publicity" for this on your blog! :) There was info. about it in our parish bulletin about a month ago. I've since bookmarked their website.
For me it's one of those things where I look back and wonder why we just NOW got this wonderful group.