Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Praying for Our Priests

I was at a staff meeting this morning at our parish office where I'm in charge of our church website and one of our new priests announced that today was the third anniversary of his ordination to the priesthood. Fr. Dinh is new to the United States, so English is his second language. He is a wonderful, compassionate priest and a great man. While we were congratulating him, he shared some of his priestly "stats" for the past three years: at least one mass every day for three years, over 10,000 confessions heard, thousands of sick calls, preaching his way through all three lectionary cycles, and learning not only English, but also Spanish and golf.

Now those are some truly impressive credentials!

Today, I'm offering some special prayers for Fr. Victor, and also for all of our other priests - the old, the young, and those who may not have even yet discerned their priestly calls. They do so very much for us and I know that I do precious little for my priests in return. Thank you to Fr. Victor and to all of the men who answer God's call to a priestly vocation!

No comments: