Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Lost Junkies?

One of my bad habits is TV watching, preferably reality TV (ie. Survivor, American Idol) and I came to the Lost party a little late when my sister Erin gave Greg Lost - The Complete First Season for his birthday. Well now, we're hopelessly hooked on the show. Unlike the rest of the Lost fans who are lamenting summer reruns, Wednesday night at our house now means getting caught up on Season II. I love the show, so I thought I'd see if there are any other Lost fans among those who read this blog.

Last week's episode, a rerun, was The 23rd Psalm, which had some interesting religious themes. I was especially saddened by Charlie's hoarding of the Virgin Mary statues (filled with heroin) at the end of the episode. It was interesting to watch the parallels between Eko and Charlie...relationships with Catholicism, with their brothers, with the drug situation, with having second chances at a new life in their new surroundings.

We watch the show with the boys, and it's brought up plenty of interesting discussions with Eric, our almost 15 year old. I don't think the show is at all appropriate for young kids, but it's been a good catalyst for conversation around our house.

I'm not completely obsessed yet - I haven't checked into the "Lost Experience", but I will admit to having a few Lost podcasts on my iPod, which make my morning walks go by very quickly.

So tonight, we'll be watching - will any of you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As you know - you got me hooked also - and all I need is another show to watch. I didn't get to see it last night. MOM

Unknown said...

I got totally hooked on the first season and it took quite an effort to stop watching season II. I think I'll wait till it comes out on DVD and then watch it.

- Jodi