Monday, July 24, 2006

Live, From Denver

Today's Catholic Mom Moment is taking place in the Denver Airport. Adam and I are on our way for a two week vacation in Chicago and we have a long enough layover to justify paying that ridiculously high wifi fee they charge for internet access.

My family unit feels a little splintered these days. Eric and Greg have remained home due to the fact that the football coach now determines Eric's schedule. We picked Adam up from camp on Saturday, so he was able to sleep in his own bed for two nights before setting off for his next adventure.

While in Chicago, we'll be in the city for a few days, but then we're heading off to my sister Erin's beach house on Lake Michigan for the bulk of the stay. Nana, nephew Patrick, and Gramps will be flying up to meet us. I am looking forward to a few weeks of relative quiet prior to the craziness of the school year starting again. How does summer always seem to fly by so quickly?

I'm not sure what my internet connectivity will be like for the next few weeks, so if you experience prolonged periods of blogging silence here, assume I'm sitting on the porch looking at the lake!

I can't wait to play with my nephews, to spoil my son, to talk with my mom and daddy and to rub my pregnant sister's belly! Isn't the anticipation of a vacation wonderful?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful vacation. It sounds peaceful, being at a lake and visiting your family.

Safe travels!

Blessings!