Thursday, July 20, 2006

For Today

Today's Readings

Today's gospel reading from Matthew is short, yet sweet and encouraging:

Jesus said:
“Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened,
and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me,
for I am meek and humble of heart;
and you will find rest for yourselves.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden light.”

Today's Saint: St. Apollinaris - second century Bishop who sought the protection of his flock against persecution.

Todays in Catholic History - The parish of Mobile was established in 1703 to minister to the colonists of the area. The parish was actually established by the Bishop of Quebec, who sent two priests to the region. Today's Archdiocese of Mobile

Thank you, Lord, for another beautiful day. Help me to make today yours completely through my words, thoughts and actions. Give me the conviction of St. Apollinaris to live and uphold my faith. Help me to accept your yoke with meekness and humility. Thank you for the blessings of this day.

Today's Prayer Requests:
* Peace in our world
* Adam and his friends at camp
* The repose of the soul of Joshua
* For pregnant mothers and their babies, for health and safety

Amen.

No comments: