Sunday, June 18, 2006

Happy Father's Day Daddy

Dear Daddy,

Happy Father's Day! I'm sorry I'm not with you this morning to bring you breakfast in bed, but be assured that you're the first person I thought of this morning when I woke up. I'm the world's luckiest girl, and a large part of that comes from being raised by the world's best father.

The life lessons you shared with each of us are too innumerable to list here, but I've tried to learn most of them well, and you continue to teach by your loving example. Each day, I try to follow you example of living life to its fullest with a positive and loving attitude. I love the attention you pay to detail, and the energy with which you work at bettering some part of yourself every day. I love that you listen to people with your whole heart, and that you always remember what they have to say. I don't know if I'd prefer to die before you do or not, but I know if I do that you will faithfully pray for my soul every day, and that brings me great comfort.

I am on board with you on the importance of having fun, and a lot of it! If 18 holes of golf is a good thing, then 36 is even better - isn't that true for many things in life? I try never to leave one good party in search of another, and to be among the last people on the dance floor.

Watching your relationship with our mother has taught all of your children lessons in how to truly be a loving spouse - we all try to follow your lead in our own relationships and we're fortunate for having grown up with your marriage as our role model.

There's so much that I could say about how much I love and admire you Daddy - please know that despite the fact that I'm not with you today, you'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

With love and big moose smoochies,
Your Favorite

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Lisa -- I often tell people that the reason your mother and I have such wonderful children is that our oldest child Lisa set such a good example for her four younger siblings. If I am a good father, it is because I have a great wife and wonderful children. My wife and my children are my idols. When our dog Zach was still alive, I used to say a prayer with him every day: "Dear God, please help me to be as good a man as Zach is a dog". You are what God had in mind when He dished out the 4th Commandment to Moses. You bring me much honor. And --- Isn't fun just the best thing to have? I love you dearly. Dad