Wednesday, May 17, 2006

For Today

Today's Readings

If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask for whatever you want and it will be done for you. By this is my Father glorified, that you bear much fruit and become my disciples.

Today's Saint - St. Pascal BaylonOf humble origins, St. Paschal followed his call in life and became a lay brother/doorkeeper for the Franciscan community in the 1500s. He was known for his tremendous devotion to the Blessed Sacrament. He is the patron of shepherds and of Eucharistic congresses.

Heavenly Father, help me to look at my life today and see opportunities to bear fruit for you. Let me see the example of St. Pascal, who in his own simple way, was your light to others in his world. Please help me to recognize that all of my little ways, done in love for you, are my prayer to you. Thank you for the blessings of this day!

No comments: