Friday, May 05, 2006

Answers to "What I've Been Up To"!

OK, some of you have figured them out, but here's an extremely brief travelogue of my recent odyssey.

Photo #1 - Las Vegas (no, not the real Venice!) - We spent a few days at the new Wynn Hotel in Vegas, living in the lap of luxury

Photo #2 - Yosemite - We are fortunate enough to live with waterfalls practically in our backyard. This photo was taken on a day when Eric and I discovered a new and fairly hidden hiking trail about 50 minutes from our front door. The majesty of the waterfalls this year is indescribable - God's creation leaves me speechless at times like this. It was an incredible day, with two incredible boys! (Mom shared a few "stay away from the ledge" nags during the course of this otherwise lovely hike).

Photo #3 - The Walnut Room, Marshall Fields, Chicago - Nana and I surprised Erin for her 40th birthday (ok, so we were a few days early....). We both flew to Chicago and we really did fake my little sister out! It was a wonderful trip. If you've never been to Chicago in the spring, plan a visit - the weather is lovely and the tulips are awash in color. More on the suprise and my slightly aging sister soon.

Photo #4 - Notre Dame!!! Ok, this one should have been simple. I attended this year's Alumni Senate in the shadow of the dome. I felt like an elderly alumna when I asked two young coeds to take my picture in front of the dome! I hope to share more on this fantastic conference soon.

I think I'm home now for a while and ready to get caught up and back on track. I was greeted at the airport by two handsome young men bearing a spring bouquet and one slightly bedraggled husband who'd been minding the store in my absence! It's wonderful to travel, but there's no place like home!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was wonderful to be with you in Chicago. Give my thanks to Greg & the boys for letting us have you for a wonderful week! MOM

Anonymous said...

Great photos. It is nice to see who the people are in the blogs. :)

Our family has just started hiking and that photo is AWESOME. We have lots of trails here but not many waterfalls.