Wednesday, January 11, 2006

What will I be doing five years from now???

I'm asking myself this morning what I will be doing in the year 2011 because I'm trying to get a few things crossed off of my "to do" list. One of those things is re-registering my CatholicMom.com domain name, which is set to expire soon. If you register for a multi-year contract, you get a decreased rate. Since CatholicMom.com is a not a blockbuster business, but rather a poorly paid hobby, every penny counts so I'm looking for ways to reduce overhead.

This morning, I had the choice of renewing for one, three, five, nine or one hundred years. I think I will always keep the domain name, even if I don't continue to update the site at some point, because I don't want it falling into the hands of someone evil, who will turn it into "Naked CatholicMom.com" or something.

100 years is out of the question - because I don't plan to live that long and I don't think my heirs will care.

Nine years even seemed a bit too long - in 2015, Adam will be twenty and Eric will be twenty three - I could possibly be CatholicGrandma.com by then!!!

So I settled on five years - which will be over in the blink of an eye! Who knows what the next five years will bring...it's kind of fun to think about it. In five years, Eric will be a freshman in college - I'll probably need CatholicMom.com badly then to help me with my empty nest syndrome!

What will you be doing in five years? Driving a daughter to ballet? Teaching a son to drive? Babysitting your grandchild after school? Taking a second honeymoon with your spouse? Starting your career? God only knows, and I'll bet He's got great things in store for us!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will be supporting one daughter (hopefully) in her second year of college, making sure one daughter will be on track to graduate high school and maybe driving the last daughter to piano or dance lessons who will be in first grade!