Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Week of Prayer for Christian Unity

Today begins a weeklong focus on praying for Christian Unity worldwide.

Matthew 18: 18-20

‘Truly I tell you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven. Again, truly I tell you, if two of you agree on earth about anything you ask, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven. For where two or three are gathered in my name, I am there among them.’


I am lucky to have friends of many denominations, and to be the beneficiary of their prayers and support on my journey to a closer relationship with Christ. This week, my prayers of thanksgiving will focus on the many things that we share in common, rather than those which divide. Click here for more information on resources for this week from the Vatican.

No comments: