Tuesday, January 10, 2006

D.D. H. - Why Not Start on a Tuesday?

Type A personalities like me sometimes fall into a dangerous trap with making changes in our lives. We like starting our new routines on New Year's, the first of the month, or even Mondays. It's one of the reasons why "Weight Watchers Meeting" appears on my Monday calendar each week, even if I can't attend.

But guess what - my commitment (or daily re-commitment) to feeling my best doesn't have to wait for next Monday or February 1st if I haven't gotten on track yet this week, or if yesterday was a washout due to emotional factors beyond my control.

I can start today, Tuesday, January 10.

Just for today, I can drink my water, take a walk with a buddy, log the food I eat (no matter what it is), try to make time to fix my family a healthy dinner, and get to bed at a reasonable time.

And if, for some reason, one of those things doesn't happen today, I can try again tommorrow, even if it is Wednesday.

No comments: