Friday, January 06, 2006

Daily Dose of Health - Check Your BMI

If getting fit and healthy is on your list of resolutions for 2006, one of the most important things you can do is know what your current situations is. For many of us, this should involve a checkup with our family or personal physician.

I'm the queen of procrastination on many things, but especially when it comes to going to the doctor, so I'm speaking mostly to myself here. My health resolution for today is to schedule my checkup, which should have been done in 2005 but was neglected. If I schedule it today, I will likely get into my doctor's office by April. That's at the top of my list for today.

Another helpful tool for assessing your fitness goals is knowing your BMI - Body Mass Index. The Body Mass Index (BMI) reflects the relation between your body size and your body weight.

Click here to visit Fitness.com's BMI calculator and receive and quick, free assessment of your BMI.

I will report back by tomorrow the date of my doctor's appointment.

No comments: