Thursday, December 01, 2005

Things that made me smile today...

Happy December 1...a great day to dwell on the bright side of life and the joy that will fill our next few weeks. I've decided to take this positive approach rather than stressing myself out about all that remains to be done before Jesus' birthday.

Here are a few things that made me smile inside and out today:

Sleeping in 15 minutes

Waking up and finding a wonderful, complimentary email in my inbox (yep, gotta love that positive reinforcement)

Winning a hand at Mah Jongg!

Spending twenty minutes, all by myself, at Barnes and Noble looking at the Clearance Rack and finding this for 60% off:



Depositing my (miniscule) paycheck for working at Church

Getting back into my car, where I'd left a full cup of coffee, and being greeted by the astounding aroma of Starbucks!

Having my boys home, right after school, with no practices

Talking with my sister on the phone and hearing my nephew babble in the background

Two comments from my Daddy on my blog!

Taking a walk in the pouring rain to the grocery store to buy brownie mix for the kid who has to take 2 dozen to school tomorrow and stomping in puddles all the way - hooray for rain boots!

Putting on my pajamas at 5:30 pm

Who knows what the rest of the evening holds, but could it get any better? Happiness is finding joy in these tiny little details of life that fill my days. Thank you God!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great day Lisa! Way to be positive! Maybe I'll try that same approach with finals coming up! Hooray for 10 degree wind chill weather!