Saturday, September 03, 2005

Prayer Chain

Gods Gals have a beautiful prayer chain going...

I find myself unable to pray eloquently at this time...my prayers are more like, "Thank you God for my washing machine, and for these dirty clothes - we have clothes to change into, and more than the shirts on our backs."

"Thank you God for my kitchen floor, which needs mopping, and for the roof over my head."

"Thank you God for my refrigerator and all of the food in it..."

"God, please be with my sister Brady and all of those working so hard to restore power and safety and to rescue the lost..."

I think God may be sick of hearing from me in the past few days...I've been pestering Him quite a bit, but at times like this, I can't help it.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Thank you, Lisa - it is a beautiful prayer. I thanked God as I wrote my mortgage payment this month!!! This just puts everything into perspective - what is truly, truly important in life.