Monday, July 04, 2005

Happy Fourth of July


For some reason, I am wide awake at 5:30 this morning, and have the beautiful view of the lake and a quiet condo to myself this morning...So I'm taking a few minutes to attempt to get caught up on email (if I owe you one, please be patient, the task seems monumental!).

Fireworks filled the sky over the lake last night, although we had no sunset as thunderstorms threatened. It's so soothing to just sit and look at the water, especially at night when the boat traffic dies down a bit. I could definitely become a lakeside lady!

We have plans for a quiet day today, which is my favorite way of celebrating these types of holidays - just family and time to talk and enjoy my boys. Thoughts and prayers are go out to all of those serving in our military, and to their families missing them at home. We pray for an end to conflict soon and for their safe and quick return. We thank them for the sacrifices they make on a daily basis.

For those interested in the Beatification of Pope John Paul II, visit the new Official site at the web portal of the Diocese of Rome. It can be viewed in English and contains many wonderful facts and pictures.

I'm not cooking today, but if I were I'd visit the Food Network's Fourth of July site for lots of great ideas.

Wherever you're celebrating, I wish you a wonderful holiday - celebrate safely and take time to enjoy a special day with your family!

No comments: