Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Another Day, Another City

We just pulled into my sister's beautiful city home in Chicago and are awaiting her return from work...I'm actually more anxious to see my precious nephew/Godson, one year old cutie Evan! They should be home any moment! Time with family is the best thing in the world. I'm lucky to come from a big one (I'm the oldest of five), but unfortunately we're somewhat spread across the country, so these family visits are especially wonderful.

As we drove through Missouri and across the fields of Illinois today, I was struck by the varying landscape of our country. In the space of a week, we've been in deserts, plateaus, the Ozarks, farmland, and now the big city...how spectacular that we are blessed to live in such a beautiful land, and that we have the means to travel through and enjoy it all.

Off to unpack and enjoy!

No comments: