Sunday, June 26, 2005

Thirteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time


Today was one of those days when every member of our family had a role of service in the Mass. My husband Greg was worshiping through his music ministry, Eric stepped in as an Altar Server, Adam sold donuts after Mass to support our Seminarian Fund, and Mom served as an Extraordinary Minister of the Eucharist. I found myself pausing after Mass to count my blessings as I thanked God for a Church community that feels like HOME and for His many blessings on my little family.

As we sang today in the Responsorial Psalm, "For ever I will sing the goodness of the Lord."

I recall days prior to Greg's conversion of sitting in Mass alone, two young children in tow, feeling utterly isolated and not at all a part of my parish community. Today, I reminded myself that there was probably a mom just like me in one of the pews, just waiting to feel some type of spiritual and emotional connection to this big church full of the Body of Christ...I offered a prayer for her and for all of us, just trying to do our best to share our love of our faith with our families.

No comments: